Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthday {to me}

I'm currently reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. One of the thoughts/quotes I like from it is, "The days are long, but the years are short".

Today I am 33
I graduated from high school almost 15 years ago
I've been married for 13 1/2 years
I've lived in Kingwood, TX for 12 1/2 years, my house for 11 1/2 years
S* is 10 1/2, K* is 6
They are halfway through 4th grade and Kindergarten
S* won't be living at home in another 10 years, K* will be learning to drive


I finished these wooden birthday blocks and presents Thursday night.

They are from the wood connection in Utah. My mom sent them to me in September and I tried to get them done before K*'s birthday, but getting some other things done before having my wisdom teeth didn't leave me the time to.
I started out painting the blocks multi colors like this one here on the happy scraps blog but I just couldn't get the colors right for what I was envisioning. When I pulled it all out earlier this week, I decided to paint all the blocks white.  I'm so glad I did.  I picked out the paper in September, which was nice to already have that decided. The paper is: a walk in the park by echo park, it's such a fun paper collection. The font I used for happy birthday is pea missy. I also used some glitter on the three presents and am still deciding if I like it. Not sure I can change it if I don't though.

It felt a little silly to be finishing a birthday decoration for my own birthday, but when I wasn't able to finish it before K*'s birthday I promised myself I'd get it done for mine just so I could have it ready to use for everyone's birthdays.

No comments: