Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Paper Airplane PJs


I made these paper airplane pjs for S* for Valentine's Day.  I actually made the pj pants in December when I was sewing their Christmas pjs, but decided to wait to give them to him since I wouldn't be able to sew K* something also.  The fabric for the pants is so fun, I love it, showing how to fold paper hats and paper airplanes.  I think I have enough fabric leftover to make a pillowcase too!
I totally copied the idea from Probably Actually.  As soon as I saw her blog post, I knew I had to make a pair for S*.

Fabric is Children at Play Making Paper Hats by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller fabrics.  The yellow is Farm Fresh Yellow Plaid by October Afternoon for Riley Blake fabrics.  The pj pant pattern is Bedtime Story by Olive + S.  The pants are long for him, buts that's okay 'cause they'll fit longer.  I drew the paper airplane applique based on a flickr photo mentioned in probably actually's post.  I made it yesterday afternoon really quick before the kids came home from school.


And although I didn't specifically sew something for Valentine's Day for K*, as if at least half of everything I sew isn't for her.....  I did get her this adorable umbrella.  She's been wanting one for a few years, and when I saw this one and I decided it was the one. {I may have also bought some of the super cute clothes that this umbrella goes with and it's silly how excited I am for her to wear them soon}


1 comment:

gail said...

they're adorable and so fun to see! i'm sure you're son will love them. happy valentine's day :) -gail