Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fantasia Apron


I made this quick little apron for a friend's birthday.  It's based on a super easy tea towel apron pattern.  If you have a tea towel, you just add two pleats and waist ties.  I didn't have a tea towel on hand to use for this purpose, so I finished the edges of a rectangular piece of fabric roughly the size of a tea towel (around 20"x28"), then add the pleats, ties and some ribbon for fun.  I can't say I'm a fan of trying to sew to strips of ribbon parallel to each other.  I'll have to remember that when ideas pop into my head for K*.

The fabric is fantasia for red rooster fabrics.  It's one I had in my stash that I picked up on clearance at It's A Stitch last year.   The colors are a little more vibrant than the picture shows. The ribbon color is lemon grass and the waist ties are made from 1" white twill tape.  I used about 2 1/2 yards of twill tape, I think.

I don't know if others like to wear aprons too, or if I'm just weird.

No comments: