Friday, December 9, 2011

Pintucked Corduroy


Whipped this up last night after the kids were in bed.  I saw a post on probably actually with a corduroy skirt a few weeks ago and started thinking I'd like to make one for K*.  Then, I saw this post on Craftiness is not Optional this week with pintucks and knew that's what I wanted to do.  So, 21" of fabric later, this is what I have.  I had a cute polar bear shirt from last year that still fits this year (yeah!) in mind when making it, but I can see it working for V-day and July and all sorts of other times too.  This is the easiest skirt I've made yet.  No gathering.  Not that I mind gathering, it seems most things I make for K* involve gathering though.  Sewing some seams and inserting elastic is just quicker.  I think I'll have to make some more in the near future. I also have some other things nearly finished, oliver +s bedtime story pj's for K* and  pj pants for S*.


1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

this is adorable! i love the pintucks on solids best!