Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jovial Table Runner


Wednesday night (Nov. 30) I decided it was time I started & finished this table runner.  I bought the fabric in like September intending to make a table runner for Christmas and just couldn't figure out for sure what I wanted to do with it.  I think I'm also one of those people who has a hard time working on a project for a holiday when it's not that holiday season yet.  My favorite by far is the white print used for the wide border.  The fabric is all from the Jovial line by Basic Grey.  I didn't have enough of the white print left for the backing, so Thursday I ran to the fabric store to get what I needed to finish (backing & binding).  They were out of my favorite print, so I picked out another nice poinsettia print.  I do have enough of the white print left to make another different table runner though, so I bought backing & binding for that future project too (might be next year though).  I'm even tempted to make a tree skirt out of a white dot print not seen here.....



It's about 43" x 23" and the strips are 3 1/2" with 5 1/4" border.
It makes me happy when I go in the kitchen and see it on my table.
Someday I'll learn how to do some simple machine quilting, for now I have to stick with straight lines.


1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

this. is. adorable! I love the fabric!