Friday, December 23, 2011

Pajamas for Christmas

Put the finishing touches on these pajamas tonight (hence the not so great lighting for pictures).  I've never made pajamas for the kids before.   I hope they aren't way too big when they open them up tomorrow night(Christmas Eve) as their new Christmas pajamas. 
Pajama pants are very easy to make.  I seriously don't know why I haven't ever made any before.  The kimono top was fairly easy too.  And the button up top wasn't too hard, but it required taking my time and patience.  The flannel for K*'s pajamas is so soft.  And I'm loving the stripes for S*'s.  I have the same stripe pattern in red & blue for another pair of pj pants.

Fabric: Ruby by Bonnie & Camille; Cream Quirky flannel and Sherbet dot for trim
Pattern: Bedtime story by Oliver + S
I used snaps with a decorative bow instead of the ties called for in the pattern after reading some ideas online

Fabric: Green Racer Stripe from Children at Play by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller
Pattern: New Look 6746
Got the idea after looking at Sarah Jane's blog

No comments: