Monday, May 28, 2012

Hair bows

Tonight, I tried out making hair bows to match a shirt K* is wearing to school tomorrow.  I bought several shirts from one of the gymboree spring collections this year that has tulips and want ribbon hair bows to match.  I remember seeing someone pin this way of making bows on pinterest, but I can't seem to find it now and I didn't take pics of the step by step process, but hopefully these pics will give you an idea of how I made them.  I wasn't sure what would look better, on the blue cutting mat or my bed, so you get both.
The ribbon is from Jo Ann's, already had it in my stash yay!  It's 7/8" SHKPINK 5.  The hair bows are about 3 1/4" wide.  Gluing the bows onto the metal clip is the hardest part IMO.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out for a first try.  Okay, I did try to make an orange pair in the Fall to match some things I sewed for K* but I hated how they looked, so I'm not counting them.

I came across a different way on pinterest that I might try but it looks more involved, there are a lot of ways to do it if you search for hair bow tutorials. 


No comments: