Monday, April 7, 2014

Dinosuar Blankets

 

My sister mailed me some minky fabric back in the Fall to make a blanket for her new baby.  Finally in January I decided to get on the ball and make the blanket, I had been dragging my feet since I was a bit hesitant to sew with the minky fabric long after the ‘I just moved’ excuse wore out.  After looking online at minky sewing tips, I decided lots of pins was the way to go.  There was a bit of frustration, but in the end it wasn’t as bad as I imagined it would be.  And it is soooo soft!  My son wanted to keep it for himself and my daughter asked me to make her a blanket out of minky……

 

 

I also whipped up this magic /self binding flannel & cotton (from JoAnn’s) blanket for her sweet new baby. First time sewing a magic binding blanket; I’m sure I’ll be making more in the future.

 

 

 

No comments: