Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Look 6043 Diamond Eyes Top

 
Pattern: NewLook 6043
Alterations to the pattern: shortened length to a tunic top, size 6 with a size 4 front neckline, omitted bodice loop/gather detail, fully lined {so no need for bias trim to finish inside seams}, elastic loop & button back closure {from craftinessisnotoptional}, and bias trim
Fabric: Diamond Eyes by Alexander Henry from JoAnn Fabrics
 
I decided to make this for my sweet K* to wear to school when she presents her zebra project later this week.  I know, I know a zebra applique on a tee shirt would have sufficed and been quicker.
 
 Using fabric like this for her is out of the norm for me {we're usually all floraly, pink & girly} but I am really happy with how this top turned out.  And it looks like it will fit for awhile.  Maybe I will be able to sew clothes when she's older that are still "cool" to wear.
 


1 comment:

Tara said...

I love your blog! You guys are such talented crafters! I especially LOVE this cute top! Too bad I don't have a little girl to sew it for!