Friday, May 27, 2011

Easter Dress: McCall's 5793

This is the Easter dress I made for K* this year. It's the first time I've sewn her a pretty church or holiday dress. I used McCall's pattern 5793 view D. The fabric is Simply Baby #30377 by Windham fabrics. I bought it last year, it's so sweet and almost screams SPRING! I bought 12 inch tulle on ebay and used two layers of it, rather than cutting out several pieces of tulle and folding those in half like it calls for in the instructions. Made it easier in my opinion. I also changed the sleeves. I made them about an inch or so shorter (I would probably make them even a bit more shorter if I were to make this dress again) and put a band on the sleeve bottom instead of elastic. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


Add a puffy half slip and a cute, little girl and it's even better.





No comments: