Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lemonade Stand

 
For K*'s 8th birthday, I talked my father-in-law into helping me build a lemonade stand using Ana White's plans lemonade stand for Grace's town collection.
 
It took about 2 hours and 45 minutes from start to clean up to build.
I mainly stood there trying to look useful while my father-in-law did all the work; but it was fun to be a little bit helpful at times.  He built it just how I was picturing it, I'm so happy with how it turned out!
 


 
I had him modify the plans a little as you can see from the photos.  A 1x16 was used for the top and sides to give it a little more depth.  We cut the sides at 29" tall so that it is just under 30" high and can be used with a regular chair.  The shelves are 1x6's since we made it a little deeper.  The banner posts are 1x2's that are 6' tall.
It seemed to take a lot of time to fill in holes, sand, prime and paint over a couple of days as I had time at night or while K* was at school.  Maybe it was the drying time, it was so humid out.
 
 


 
I plan to make several banners, both paper and fabric, for various stands.
Ice Cream Shoppe, Bake Shoppe, Flower Shoppe, Café, Paper Creations....
 
All the banner supplies are from Hobby Lobby.  The font for lemonade is Frosty.  The letters are about 3" tall.  The pennants are about 6 1/4" not counting the tabs.  I cut it all out on my silhouette.
 

No comments: