Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Vintage Modern meets McCall's 6313

 
Fabric: Vintage Modern melon wish, cream vintage and sky dots
Pattern: McCall's 6313 size 6 
I shorted the skirt part by an 1 1/2" or so and made the bottom band a ruffle
Kinder Kouture Clothing provided some inspiration for this, she sews such beautiful things.  Her aqua Dahlia, pink Dahlia and aqua Daphne dresses are so pretty.
 
I started sewing this top as part of the Kids Clothes Week Challenge, but wasn't able to finish it last week and finished it up yesterday.  The pattern is pretty easy, I just didn't have the time to finish it up as quickly as I wanted.  Then this morning, I snapped some quick pictures on our way to school.  It was actually supposed to be a dress, but when ordering fabric online I shorted myself on the white floral print (my brain must have been asleep as I have no explanation as to why I didn't order enough), and so it became a top.  Maybe she'll get more wear out of it as a top, at least that's what I'm telling myself.
  

 

 

 

No comments: