Thursday, June 7, 2012

String Art

For a fun, crafty project today I helped the kids make some simple string art.  We actually made string art hearts at activity days yesterday as a present the girls can give their fathers on Father's Day.  The other leader did all the planning and supply gathering for this one.  So I just basically showed up, helped out and went home with some of the leftovers.  How easy for me.  Anyway, the kids had a great time.  We dashed outside to snap a few shots right as it started raining.  Yay for rain!

 

 
We used foam boards instead of wood to make things easier at activity days.  That way you can just push the nails in instead of using a hammer.  The thread is varigated to give it some visual interest.  For activity days, ribbon was hot glued around the edges to give it a more finished look.

Some ideas from pinterest found here, here and here.

There are lots of ideas for shapes, words, states and all sorts of string art on the internet.  Funny thing is earlier this year I saw a pin for string art words and I thought about making something and never did, maybe now I will, it's so fun.

No comments: