Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Polkadots & Summer in Orange




Pattern: Polkadots and Summer by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Co.
Fabric: White twill and Orange scrappy and happy baby #3530 by Jane Selck

It was my first time sew pleats in clothing.  They weren't too bad to iron & sew.  I'd put pleats in something again.  Actually, I hope to (someday) make some skirts for myself with pleats.  We'll see though.  I got the pattern earlier this year (or was it last....) as part of a kit.  I thought I'd try it out with some different fabric before cutting into the kit fabric.  You have to add the seam allowance yourself for this pattern, which I'm not a big fan of.  Especially when trying to do some minor alterations to length and such on a pattern I've never sewn before.  In the end it turned out though.  I don't understand why people make patterns without the seam allowances, there must be some reason for it, I just don't know what it is.  This is the first pattern I've run into that though.  I have some others that you need to add the seam allowance, but I'll just cut out the next size up and use the difference as my seam allowance, I hope that will work.  This pattern however, I was making the biggest size, so that wasn't an option.

No comments: