Friday, November 16, 2012

Colored Pencil Rolls x 8

Well, I've made EIGHT colored pencil rolls already this month.  I taught a group of ladies how to make them earlier in the month, so I needed some examples in various stages.  I then decided to donate the other two that could be made from the fabric not needed for the samples to a silent auction at church for the youth to raise money for a trip to Nauvoo next summer.  Well, that then lead to being asked if I could make five more pencil rolls. I finished them all up on Wednesday.  So, I think I'm all pencil rolled out for awhile.  I do have one extra from all that pencil roll sewing that will be nice to have on hand as a gift should I need a last minute one.



Made: 2 robots, 1 dino, 3 black floral and 2 pink floral.

Robot and Dino and coordinating solids fabrics from Jo Ann's.
Black floral and solid pinks from Hobbly Lobby.
Pink florals and solid blue from Jo Ann's. I should have taken another picture of the pink floral one, the outside is a darker pink with larger flowers, all the floral prints are from the Heidi Grace collection.  Very cute.

Ribbons from stash.  And if you can believe it, I ran out of light pink thread with 3 1/2 lines left to stitch for the pencil channels/pockets.  Luckily, it was on a black floral one and I was using black for the bobbin thread and was able to use my light pink bobbin for the top thread.  I also used up the last 40" of skinny light pink ribbon. Time to stock up, not like we ever use pink around here....

No comments: