Monday, July 16, 2012

Weaver String Art


I finished this string art for hubby today to take to his office.  I actually meant to make it for Father's Day, but things got a little busy.  I also decided to find a different frame from the first one I brought home.  This frame is from walmart and I used cork with foam board behind it for the backing.  I also glued the original back on that came with the frame to make it look more finished on the back.  My fingers were a bit tender after pushing all the nails in. Before the string was added I stood looking at all the nails wondering what on earth was I doing and what was it going to look like.  But I think it turned out okay, not too embarrassing to hang up at work, right?  I got the idea after a friend B* pinned some string art on pinterest earlier in the year.

No comments: