Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yellow Sunshine Skirt


I'm calling this the yellow sunshine skirt.
I love it, it's just so happy.  My bathroom is a happy, sunny yellow too.
The fabric is Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda. I love that fabric line and have more of it in my stash.
I used the PinkFig Girly Stripwork skirt pattern; it is probably the fullest skirt I've made for K*.  Definitelyy twirly.

I bought the fabric last Spring and I got around to it finally in January, mainly because I wanted to use my new serger.  It has a lot of seams to serge between the strips, making it the perfect first project to try out my new serger.  But then, I couldn't decide how to finish the bottom so I set aside for almost two months.  Just a yellow or yellow print strip wasn't working for me.  And white alone wasn't either.  So, I ended up using the same solid yellow as the waistband and white 1 3/4"  lace.
 
 


 
And look at this super cute wooden chick my mom is working on.
The wooden chick is from the wood connection and the paper is from a paper pack called Sweet.

For April Fool's Day today, I got the kids at breakfast.  Last night, I poured some milk and cheerios into two bowls and put them in the freezer.  Before breakfast I pulled them out & added a little bit of unfrozen milk & cheerios on the top of the frozen stuff.  After the prayer, the kids went to dig their spoons into their cereal and couldn't.  Nothing incredibly fancy, but S* said it was, "the best April Fool's ever!"  And that may also be because I've never done something fun like that to them before.
I got the idea from the book The Happiness Project that I read in January.
Too bad I didn't snap a photo.

No comments: