Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Treats & Crafts



 Rice krispie treat eggs with m&m's in the middle and chow mein & chocolate bird nests with chocolate eggs.
S* was particularly excited when he realized that when he was done helping me, he would get to lick all the chocolate off off his hands.  I wanted to make some with butterscotch chips too, but I didn't have any on hand.  I mixed 12 oz of noodles with 12 oz of melted chocolate, using about 1/4 cup per nest.
After making treats, we colored Easter eggs.
K* wasn't feeling her best, so she made two rice krispie treat eggs and two bird nests.

Thread wrapped eggs. 
Yes, I have the patience/personality where I can sit and wrap thread around and around Styrofoam eggs.  I'm not sure what that says about me.  I only made three, the plan was for more (green & blue too) but I decided to make a tee pee for the kids instead.  It kind of takes some time to wrap all that the thread around.  And it actually takes quite a bit of thread.  I used  about 2 1/2 things of pearl cotton thread on the "golden" egg.  The pruple one used 1+ and the pink egg not quite 1.  Each thing of thread has about 27 yards.  Maybe I'll get the rest done for next year.
Idea from Martha Stewart, I saw it last year and just didn't get to it.


"Chocolate bunnies" on wooden blocks.
Another idea I saw last year and didn't get to until this year.
The bunnies are brown vinyl.

There were plenty of other Easter and other Spring crafts I didn't get too, maybe next year....
  Some of them I pinned here.

No comments: