Thursday, March 8, 2012

Projects

Today I finished straight line machine quilting this quilt.  I started the quilt last May as a gift for a family member.  I'm so glad that I got going on it again and all that's left is the binding.  Yay!  I used Make Life fabric by Sweetwater and modified a pattern from Camille Roskelley's book Simplify.

This is a peek at the dress I finished up for K* last night.  All I have left is to make a sash/belt of some sort for it out of the white fabric.  She requested there be a bow on it too. The fabric is Pam Kitty Buttons and the pattern is Onion 20026.  I'll post more pics later when it's totally done and the lighting is better and it's not raining.

And this is a quilt I'm ready to get back to.  I started it just over two years ago for K*.  I love the fabrics, they're just so sweet.  The blocks are all pieced and sewn together, now on to the borders.   I've had some trouble finding the right solid pink for the border, but I'm feeling like giving it a shot again since I last tried last summer.  Wish me luck in finally finding the right pink.
Fabric is Supporting Cast by Northcott and the pattern is Sweet Sixteen by Black Cat Creations.

On Tuesday night, I showed a group of ladies from church how I make skirts.  11 people showed up, which wasn't everyone who signed up, but it might have been too many had there been more.  I hope I was able to explain things clearly and not scare anyone away from making skirts for little girls.  I have three or four sample skirts that I left in various stages of the construction process for that night, so I hope to get those finished soon, along with all the other things I'd love to sew before summer.  How many skirts is too many for one little cutie??  I have not only the sample ones but a few others planned for Spring.  Why does there have to be so much cute fabric!?!  Maybe some friends and nieces will be getting new skirts too. 
I was a little stressed out about writing up the fabric requirements and sewing instructions, making sure all my math and cutting measurements were correct, I hope in the end I got things mostly right. 

No comments: