Sunday, February 20, 2011

PinkFig Girly Skirts

I made some skirts using PinkFig's girly skirt pattern.



The skirt on the left was for Valentine's Day. I made it with an under layer and sewed the pink hem band to the under layer to give it a layered look. The middle skirt was the first one I made; followed the pattern exactly for it. The skirt on the right is for St. Patrick's Day. It sort of looks like green flowers in the photo, but they are shamrocks. I made an under layer for it to add a bit more twirl, and I thought the white might be too thin. Happy with how they all turned out, will be making this pattern again. It was easy, basically sewing rectangles together with straight lines. I'm sure you can find a free tutorial online somewhere if you're interested, probably no need to buy a pattern like I did.


I also attempted my first applique tee to go with the Valentine's skirt. A shamrock tee is next.


Valentine's heart stripe fabric from JoAnn's. All other fabric from Hobby Lobby.


No comments: